A punch in the neck

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

It wasn't random ass talk

I've come to realize, by the repeated bludgeoning of it, that I am self absorbed. I don't want to be, I don't mean to be, but I be.

It seems when Angela and I get into any sort of argument I usually twist it into what it means to me. Often I care more about winning the argument then resolving it.

I've never cared about anyone's feelings before so I always just wanted to be right. I can and usually will argue anything. I have to be right. Angela and I talked about what causes red eye in photos. My explanation surmounted to nothing more then "It has to do with the flash."
This of course is not a complete explanation and her response "You're talking out of your ass." I was, but it wasn't random ass talk it was based on some intelligible information. You can guess what my response was. Hit google. Find a complete and accurate scientific explanation and send it to Angela to show her I was in the ballpark. No valid reason for it. I need to get better at that, it ends up turning nothings into something.

I don't like to argue or fight but I do enjoy a debate. It's possible that I can't recognize when something is a debate and when something is a fight. I definitely don't recognize when I'm crossing the railroad tracks into the bad part of town. I'm oblivious asking for directions "You see that sign that says 'rib tips'?" while someone is stealing my hub caps. I don't really know how to get better at this. There are probably clues that I could pick up on that should sound the fight alarm in my head. I need to be more observant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home